About the project
- Published: Tuesday, 28 December 2021 21:34
- Hits: 236
Main objective of the current project is the research of models and algorithms for formation and control of the topographic characteristics of new specific relief textures on different types of functional surfaces.
Theoretical and experimental research will be carried out, in order to :
1) Applicability assessment of the traditional models in order to create new tool paths which are to be adapted to form new RR types on different types of contact surfaces, by using ball burnishing (BB) method;
2) Applicability assessment of the machine learning methods to recognize images of RR obtained by BB and to determine their topographic characteristics;
3) Developing a generalized methodology for creating new model tool path trajectories for forming RMR by using BB. Control of the characteristics of their topography depending on the type of contact surface.
4) Approbation of the generalized methodology for different types of functional surfaces and identification of the significantly influencing BB process regime parameters on the obtained topographic characteristics of the RR.
The project results are expected to contribute with the creation of models and algorithms for more efficient CNC machine management in the implementation of technological finishing processes and surface treatment. They can be used as a basis for further development of new and innovative finishing processes solutions which can increase the efficiency and quality of production in the machine building industry. The expected results regarding the created methodology and algorithms for recognizing the RMR topography parameters after the process of BB and based on digital images will contribute to obtaining new knowledge concerning the implementation of the modern machine learning approaches aiming at the automated recognition of contact surface texture specific elements
The project and all related activities will contribute to the scientific improvement of the participants and will influence the increase of their competence and their scientific and academic growth, as well as will be a prerequisite for increasing the scientific capacity of the base organization – Technical university of Varna.
A broadly interdisciplinary team has been formed for the project, which uses the knowledge, skills and experience of experts from four different departments of the basic organization: “Manufacturing Engineering and Machine Tools", "Mechanics and Machine Elements", " Communication Engineering and Technology", and “Industrial Management ”, supported by the participation of internationally recognized specialists from department "Information Technologies" of Naval academy "N. Y. Vaptsarov ”, Varna and from Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University, Ukraine.